Blues Guitar For Beginners Free Course On Udemy Limited Coupons
Guitar – Blues Style
This course introduces acoustic guitar players to the world of learning blues finger picking guitar and focuses on the important basics that are vital for fast progression to more advanced patterns.
Blues Guitar Udemy Course features
Video 1 – Should You Use Picks Or Bare Fingers?
Video 2 – Blues guitar – The Thumb Is KING!
Video 3 – Guitar Blues In E
Video 4 – Guitar Blues In A
Video 5 – Dropped D And open D Guitar Tunings
Video 6 – Open G Tuning And Bottleneck Guitar
Video 7 – On To Ragtime Guitar
The average length of each video is approximately 6 minutes and the course gives a broad insight into learning blues finger picking for acoustic guitar, providing a solid basis for more advanced study in any of the styles presented.
Jim Bruce was voted N°2 Internet Guitar Instructor by Truefire in 2013.
There is no more exciting thing than beginning to finger pick the guitar. Acoustic blues guitar is where it all started really. In the beginning, rhythmic strumming patterns turned into a basic finger picking pattern and gradually became more and more complex as players tried to invent other styles and basically out-do other guitar players!
No matter how complex guitar arrangements become, the basic movements are identical to the ones we first learn. These first steps in playing acoustic blues guitar are crucial – the rest of your playing career depends upon them!
What am I going to get from this course?
- In this course you will learn the following important aspects of blues finger picking guitar
- – the differences between using finger picks and bare fingers
- – how to finger pick a basic blues in the key of E
- – how to finger pick a basic blues in the key of A
- – learn the basic alternating thumb pattern for ragtime finger picking guitar
- – how to tune the guitar to open G and use a bottleneck
- – picking in open D and dropped D guitar tuning
- – the importance of the picking hand thumb action when finger picking guitar