How to use UNITY for 2D Game Development
Your one stop guide to understanding Unity and 2D Game Development by deconstructing a practical platformer example!
Start Make Your Game And Learn How to use UNITY for 2D Game Development Free Course On Udemy
How to use UNITY for 2D Game Development: A Beginners Guide
What is the course about?
In this course we explore Unity and learn how it actually works for 2D game development. This course isn’t going to make you a game but it is going to give you a JUMPSTART on how to make a game with the complicated Unity engine. If you haven’t made a game before this is the course for you. If you have made a game before (with Unity) this may be a bit basic for you. By the end of this course you will be familiar with Unity and the 2D tools.
What material is included?
The material that is included is all found within the Unity Asset store. When you import the platformer example project all of the art is imported with it. The art used at the end of the course can be found in the resources section!
What does this course include?
- Dissecting a platformer game from scratch
- Learn how to use the Unity engine for 2D game development
- Import your own sprites to later use
- Learn how the beginner windows work for 2D development
- Understand the inspector and it’s components.
- All assets are free to use for commercial use.
Why take this course?
Like all of my other courses, we are going to dive right in and work with a practical example. You should take this course if you have never used Unity before and you want to learn. If you have used Unity and you don’t know how to make a 2D game, this is the course for you. By the end of this course you will have a handle on how to use Unity for 2D development so get excited!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 13 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Dissect any Unity project and understand what is going on.
- Know the basics of how to utilize Unity3D for 2D games
- Learn the ins and outs of how to go about creating your Unity game
- Have more than enough knowledge to start making their own game
- Deconstruct any Unity file and figure out what is actually going on.
- See how to use Unity from the ground up. Learn the shortcuts and what is actually going on!
- Import their own artwork into the game and split up the sprites!
- Use Unity at a beginner level!