Free Advanced WordPress Theme Development
You are a WordPress theme developer, but this course will teach you how to make your WordPress themes even more powerful
This course is for any WordPress user or web developer who would like to learn how to take their WordPress theme development skills to the next level.
If you already have the skills creating WordPress themes, this course will super-size those skills and make you an advanced theme developer.
This course delves more into these theme development concepts with all the code you need to download and make it your own:
- Creating your own template tags and calling them in your theme PHP files
- Page Templates
- Displaying custom field data in your templates
- Child themes
- Developing your own template tags
- Creating your own API hooks and calling them in any PHP file of your theme.
- Registering and calling dynamic sidebars
- Detailed menus and their menu locations
An entire section of lectures showing how to display posts and pages of various combinations.
This course offers an entire section teaching how to displaying posts and pages in any combination including, but not limited to:
- post status (published, private, revision, etc)
- by author
- password protected
- by custom post type
- by a specific modified or published date
- list of featured images from posts
- cutting off the list of posts and pages by a certain number
- Displaying posts and pages in a specific order by any field
Bonus Lectures With ExamplesI offer code samples from popular post lists including:
- latest blog posts
- most recent pages
- today’s posts
- random lists of posts
- posts and pages by all authors
- posts and pagesby a specific post type
What This Source Does Not Teach. These technologies are not covered in this course;
- How to use specific WordPress plugins
Materials in this Course:
This course includes videos with example code as well as supplemental materials to download the code so students can concentrate using the code in their WordPress theme files, but the videos will show how to modify the code the needs of the final WordPress website.
What are the requirements?
- Students will have a basic understanding of PHP.
- Students will know how to develop a basic WordPress theme.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 48 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Create more powerful WordPress themes using advanced WordPress development features.
- Learn the WordPress API hooks that helps your theme offer more features and benefits to WordPress users and administrators.